Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality.From companies were created that exported local crafts and copper to Western Europe, Romania, and Russia.

Historiography of acidulous waters in the Canary islands.The area used to have many olive groves which, unfortunately enough, have now mainly been replaced by modern buildings.

A new wave of residents moved to Agria in 1922 when refugees from Asia Minor, mainly Eastern Thrace, took shelter there after their expulsion from their home land.The chapels of Timios Stavros, Panaghia Goritsa and Panaghia Tripa, built within the rocks, are remarkable for their beauty and simplicity.Some believe that the name comes from wild olive trees (Agrielies) or a small plant named "Agriada" greek : ).